Tuesday, April 29, 2008

God’s will and Free will

I believe that God has a plan for me, and I also believe that everything happens according to His plan. I know what God wants me to do, and I am going to follow His will whether I like it or not, because I do trust that ONLY GOD knows what is best for me.
God had created me not because He was bored, but because He had a plan for me. He had to personalize me specifically not because he was creative, but because He had a specific plan for me.
I do know that I do not necessarily need to follow His will. God has given me free will that I can always do whatever I want to do.
However, I cannot disobey His will, because God has given me free will only to love and respect him “willingly”.
God did not have to give me free will; He could have simply created me to do whatever He wants me to do. Yet, He did not create me as a robot, because He wanted to “see” if I could respect and love Him back “willingly.”
I can prove to Him that I do love and respect him only by following His will or living my life according to His plan. I know that God will love and wait for me no matter how far I run away from Him through disobeying His will. Yet, why would I do that knowing that disobeying God will only break His heart as well as mine?


We know what our parents want us to do (or what they want us NOT to do). Yet, it is OUR CHOICE whether we follow their wills or not. Parents will love us no matter what we do, but can we be truly happy knowing that what we are doing is making them sad?

1 comment:

Jonathan Brumberg-Kraus said...

Do you remember how it happened that you first became convinced that God a had a plan specifically for you? In other words, how did you know? I think that would kind of get to Sophie's question about how do we know that God does have some sort of plan for us. Because the Bible says so? But how do we know? How did you know? What convinced you that the Bible was really talking about and to you personally?

What could possibly convince those who are not yet convinced that the message of God's plan is really for them (and not just for people who already believe it)?

To convey this is to succeed at communicating the 1st of Proctor's 4 crucial components of preaching the Gospel.