Thursday, May 8, 2008

The Sermons

I enjoyed the sermon portion of the semester very much. It was interesting for me to see how writing with a "religious" mindset could change what I had to say or, at least, how I ended up saying it. In general, my paper/sermon was politically driven with various inserts relating to the Bible woven into the piece to give it a more Christian vibe. Finding out that even with a religious mindset I still was able to be truthful really made me rethink the role that religion could have in politics - that it could be positive too.

Fortunately for everyone who is not a morning person, the sermons were fun to listen to and a couple of them were able to persuade me into agreeing with their statements. Learning about which elements need to be included into a (protestant) sermon and how to reach specific goals in the piece was a worth-while experience.

No comments: